Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Counterfeit Kit challenge

Below are photos from my kit.  It sure doesn't look like I started with the Envisioning Beauty idea on their site from Cassie at Paper Issues, but that is where it all began.  Everything came from my stash.  Once my idea was in mind, it came together very quickly.

First, thinking about what to include.  Then I started gathering, but changed my mind mid-way through from Christmas to Travel.  The results?  A rather large kit.
 First stop - Cardstock.  Two sheets of brown, two green and two white textured AC Cardstock.  Also, a package of kraft Recollections cardstock that will be used to make the album.

Next stop, time to add some patterned paper.  I know I will need at least 18 sheets, however, after adding what I had that I wanted to use (next photos), I was a few sheets short.  Not short on pp, just short on using my stash with a specific line.  So, out comes an old standby - Ephemera papers by Hot off the Press.  Some of the pages are missing, but the next photo shows one of tags and misc. items that can be cut out and I found them very inspiring.

 Next stop, more patterned paper.  These are also from my stash.  Not sure how old they are or who the manufacturer is.  It really doesn't matter, the colors and feel are exactly what I wanted.
 Next stop - more single sided patterned papers.  The top row are from My Mind's Eye Abbey Road collection, one sheet of each.  The bottom row are from a KI Memories pad.  The stripes matched better than I thought and the color hues are perfect.  Two sheets of the red, stripe and blue/green.  Only one sheet of the yellow.  However, I did check out my scraps (stored sorted by basic color) and I found some of the red floral that I have added as well.
 Final patterned paper stop - two sheets of double sided patterned paper from another KI Memories pad.
 Next stop introduces a few 'tools' that I had on hand.  Two sets of travel stamps.  One by Unity Stamp and the other by TPC Studios.
 Next stop, embellishment time.  Below are a few embellishments I found in my stash.  On the right you will see some sheets of pre-embossed paper.  These were all found in my bag of embossed elements.  There is another small bag of embossed leaves towards the left side of the photo that also came from my bag of embossed items.  Next you will see three 12" long strips of distressed rub-ons.  These came to me as a prize and I only selected three from the package to use here.  Below the rub-ons you will see a few pieces I created with alcohol inks for a ustream class a few months ago.  One is made from a piece of acrylic, the other from a piece of chipboard covered with foil and embossed.  Above the rub-ons you will see a border from a travel swap I participated in last year.  I really enjoy swaps - and love to use the pieces.  The final stop for this embellishment photo are the three items of pre-made embellishments - some metal frames with travel words, some Heidi Swap photo plates and some corner brads from a contest over at Scrapbooking Fun.Biz several years ago.
 A quick/up close view of some of the embossed pieces - music, pooh bear, floral, paisley and one other floral type piece.  The black sheets are all core'dinations.
 Next we find a handout from the Retreat attended in September with other ladies from SBF.Biz.  It is a notepad, but I plan to take the top apart and either use for the cover or a page inside the album.
Now we find ourselves stopping at another embellishment baggie.  Inside we find glitter glue, a metal frame, oversized paper clip, some grungeboard tags, various ribbons and fibers, brads, a few flowers and even an American Flag.

Our final embellishment bag stop (and the end of our tour) brings us to some chipboard elements from various sources as well as more swap pieces - leaves, flowers, stick pins, journal elements and even a title block.
I can't wait to get started with this album.  Most of the photos are printed and now that the paper is picked out, I can get going on the actual mini for this wonderful trip.

UPDATE:  I had to add 8 more 12 x 12 sheets to this kit (All Fall by Fancy Pants) as the mini I am making required 12" lengths to create each page.

11 comments:

  1. Your book of ephemera is cool. You are exactly right...doesn't matter how old it is...only matters that it works for your pages. Can't wait to see your travel layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got some really old products in my kit too... and it's wonderful to finally use them! Love your idea of Christmas travel...and great embellies to use too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see that I'm not the only person who still has some of that Hot Off The Press paper...Lol! Love your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ;pads of fabulous stash there
    well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So many great little items in there! Loooove the TPC postcard stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely kit, full of yummy goodies. I can't wait to see what lovley creations you'll be making with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the tour through your kit! It is absolutely lovely and I really liked those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone. It was fun assembling. I have started putting my book together. Hit a few snags (had to add 8 more sheets of paper to fix it, but the stash can handle it LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to add 12x12 papers, too, once I got started on some pages. Your kit looks great! Happy creating this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great job mixing in some older product into your kit! Hope you have lots of fun with it this month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great kit, it's jammed full! I love the american flag, and the big leaf embellies. Have fun! x

    ReplyDelete