Friday, January 25, 2013

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop!

Welcome to the CKC Blog Hop.  We have a wonderful hop for you with many talented and creative scrappers showing their inspirational creations.  Note: sorry I am running late, I put the wrong time on the auto-publish settings - I guess I need to re-figure time zones LOL.

But - better late than never, so on with this wonderful blog hop.  You will find a ton of creative layouts and cards on your journey, so grab some coffee, sit back, relax and keep on hopping!

If you have arrived here from Lesley's Blog, you are in the right spot!  If you just stumbled across this blog hop, feel free to go forward from here and then head back to the beginning, or go back to the beginning at Jemma's Blog and view all the spectacular creations!

Here is my entry for Challenge #1 on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog.  A layout using three papers, three embellishments and a three word title.  Kind of tough for me to figure out at first, but then inspiration finally struck as I grabbed some core'dinations cardstock and added light distressing!

What supplies?  All from my stash - a lot of scraps and lots of fun.
3 Papers:
Background glitter paper from My Mind's Eye Laundry Line collection.
Floral glitter paper from My Mind's Eye Laundry Line collection.
Dots beige paper - Core'dinations core color pack - that coordinates with a Cosmo Cricket line

3 Embellishments:
Inked edges of papers (Stampin Up and Palette Inks)
Ribbon - Cosmo Cricket - leftover from another project
Softies/Rubber accent words - KI Memories Summer Softies

3 Word Title - Agate Lake Retreat
As shown above - a fun fall retreat in MN.  We use that main room for our crop area and we all stay in cabins.  Total fun - even midnight tours around the lake if we desire!  Letters are from an October Afternoon pack.

The little Fun embellishment is made from scraps of paper and ribbon and a few more of the letter stickers.  Since I love to participate in swaps, took that idea and made a quick little ATC sized dimensional piece - I love lumpy pages!  I had already used up all the swaps I had from this particular line of paper.

Be sure to check out the rest of the stops in this wonderful hop.  The entire order is below:

Jemma - http://just-jimjams.blogspot.co.uk
Lucinda - http://www.scrapbooksandcows.blogspot.com/     <----- You are Here!

It would be great if you would leave me a comment and become a follower of my blog! I will have a drawing, from all followers for a fun little Valentines blog candy.  A package of rhinestones and a package of puffy heart stickers add some bling to the mix!  Just leave a comment and become a follower to qualify for the drawing.



Other news - love to participate in scrapbook swaps?  Looking to hostess?  Check out Scrapbooking Fun.biz and join in the fun.  Our first online crop of the year will be taking place the week of April 22-28 - just after tax season here in the US and kicking off Earth day for 2013.  Our theme for the week will be Reduce, Re-use and Recycle - it should be a lot of fun and definitely will require the use of a stash!  Lots of challenges and prizes and even a fantastic online Bingo game that Saturday night!

Have a great time during the rest of the hop - there are some very inspiring pages out there!

20 comments:

  1. great layout - love the green stripes designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY you made it! What a great memory to scrap - looks like a lovely location for a retreat. Love what you've done with the Coredinations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the distressing and all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the distressing is great and the coredinations paper was a great idea (am gathering fun ideas as I go along here!). The place looks great - I'm heading to my first retreat later this year so fingers crossed it will be as lovely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I want to go on a retreat there!!!
    I got a bit confused with time zones in the beginning then just googled it.
    Great colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too had to google the time zone thing since I only know Eastern Standard! Love all the papers and the use of stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, really like the glittery flower paper :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a super fun retreat! Love the font you used for your title!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love retreats! I love the colors also. Fantastic layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you've had fun using your scraps on this great page! I got my post up a bit late, too . . . I cleverly converted into my time zone .. . only to discover that my blog was set to some random third time zone. Oh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is how mine went as well. I converted into what timezone I thought the blog was in, even checked the website to be sure, but still got it wrong. I think staying up would have been easier LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just want to jump into your photo & never come out! Looks like a fab place - lucky you :~)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful page, Lucinda! I love all of your elements!

    Have fun with your blog hop! I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great layout page Lucinda!! Really like the mix of papers and that beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a fantastic retreat. Lovely page Lucinda.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beaut page Lucinda! All those sparkles in the giveaway look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty page, I love those flowing edges of papers. I've some MME Laundry Line, you've nudged me to go find it and use it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. great tearing! Love the colours and the alpha looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete