Monday, November 19, 2012

Working on December Daily Lapbook

With Kathy Orta/Paper Phenomenon You tube videos.  So far, I just completed day one.  If this works how I hope, I plan to make one as a gift for someone.

First, I use what I have, so my file folders are a bit different.  These were headed to the trash, so I have them to use.  Since the pages will be matted, I am not worried about writing/color.  Just making sure that the paper selected goes with this yellow (toned down a bit when inked) will be enough.

My area is pretty sunny during the day.  The photos are pretty shadowed, but you can see the steps.  This is from her Lapbook December Daily 2012 Part One.





Off to view part two (if enough time during lunch break) :D

Well, I made it through three parts today.  This wonderful mini is for a friend who is going to be a Granny soon.  She loves vintage, orange and bling, so the yellow folder will work out great.  I have a My Mind's Eye paper pack (signature suite by Jen Wilson) that I have been using for a few years (yep, stash time), but the colors are working perfectly.  I am hoping that a few of the pages will work well with the Graphic 45 Little Darlings accents/papers I have as well.  I am also using up a DCWV Indian Summer cardstock stack.  It works great for pages that need to have inking as they have that white core.  Hmm, maybe that could be useful later on :D.

Anyway - here is where I have gotten to.  I have to break and work on a wedding album now, plus some Thanksgiving baking and sewing of Shopping Totes.

Quick notes - here is where my flap started.  Notice that the slot pocket does have some paper behind.  I really didn't want anymore yellow showing through so I added a 3" piece of paper behind the slot.  Enough to be sure it doesn't catch up in anything.

Then the papers are added.  Yes, I think these colors are going to work out beautifully.  I have quite a ways to go, but baby is due 12/3, so I am hoping to have it done by then.
And for friends who have asked, yes, I did go to the Wilbur Chocolates factory and I do love Wilbur Chocolates :D.

No comments:

Post a Comment