Friday, November 23, 2012

Gifty time

While I am still loving my lapbook, I have some gifts that really need to get completed.

No shopping today, but I am working on an album for a friend.  Same one as the December Daily was to go to, but I went easy and selected a regular album style (one of Kathy Orta's hidden hinge binding - love those).

9 pages, 5 styles.  All pages are from various mini albums i have seen others create/learned to create with them, so I am not exactly sure who to credit.  I know I have seen a lot of videos/bought patterns from both Paper Phenomenon and Following the Paper Trail.  This entire album (almost, I did have to buy more adhesive), is coming from my stash.  I did a lot of cleaning/sorting and now that I can find things, it has been wonderful to be able to create.  This is at my upstairs work table (see previous posts about Achilles issues if two tables sounds confusing).  I pulled it again the other day, so sitting and scrapping has been standard, but it is still difficult to stay used to.  I still stand up to place things correctly.

First - the hidden hinge.  Not sure if I did it the exact way or not, but I discovered that the DCWV Cardstock is great for this.  It seems to be stronger than the Bazzill and AC Cardstocks that I normally use.  This allowed for 9 pages.


Next are just photos of pages that are now attached to the binding.  I am working to finish up tags for this mini, though I may change to use a neutral color cardstock for tags to make journaling easier.





No comments:

Post a Comment