Tuesday, November 13, 2012

It's a layout!

without the subject.  No permission to use the photo, so it won't be showing up.  Anyway, I did have fun creating this layout for the challenge/blog hop over at Let's Get Sketchy.  http://letsgetsketchy.blogspot.com/ and for the Use It Tuesday blog challenge.  http://useittuesday.blogspot.ca/

The challenge over at Let's Get Sketchy was to use the color combination as well as something Fall related.  My photos have to do with a particular someone napping and a cat napping right along side of them.  The title is All Star Napping (not displayed because it sets partially on the photos).

The challenge over at Use it Tuesday is to hit your stash.  I definitely did.  I started with the items below, though not all of them made it into the layout.

Next, I created a rosette from a piece of the scrap Making Memories Findings paper.  Hockey pucks work great to hold things together while drying.
 Then I started on a border.  First I punched some stars from a strip of brick/fall red scrap and then I took a scrap of yellow and, using just the lower half of a Creative Memories star punch, I punched out some parts of stars to make these little border tag elements.  I also used a piece of scrap K and Company Boy Scout Paper to punch some yellow/brown flecked stars.
Then, I changed my mind about pop-dotting the stars and did some inking instead.  I made a mask from one of the little red stars I punched out.

 Just did a quick pounce with my inker.
 This one shows the light inking.  It looks a bit darker in real life, but you can kind of see the basic idea.
 Finally, I added the yellow stars to the tags, making groups of three stars, a few blue stars from a scrap of core'dinations cardstock that had been sanded a bit, a piece of ribbon from Target's dollar spot that has been around a while, a left-over blue heart from Kaisercraft's Madame Boutique collection, and another scrap of sparkly paper for the main photo mat.  It is a piece of Making Memories Vintage findings.  Oh, the button on the rosette is one from my stash as well.

Anyway, I had a ton of fun, now off to add the photos and title piece - they are super cute!  Sorry, but I was asked not to put them online :D.


7 comments:

  1. nicely done thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy for our fall blog hop challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job on the color combo! Thanks so much for joining us during the blog hop at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful layout! Thanks for joining in on the blog hop at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super Cute, thanks for sharing with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome border and rosette! Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete