Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Happy Scrappy Time

As many of you know, Wednesday is my current day off.  Day off?  Well, not really off, but it is the day I have do to some things I enjoy -- scrappy time!!!

After scanning through a few blog hops and looking at various entries (and their blogs - wow are there some amazingly talented folks out there), I found another blog hop!  Whoo Hoo - even time to play.  It is over at Frosted Designs.  http://frosteddesigns.blogspot.com/2012/11/blog-hop.html.  So, after searching through those blogs (and finding several to start following), I decided to enter their contest.  I gathered my supplies and found 6 of the 12 items to use on my tag.  It is a fall themed tag, designed for a page I am creating for the boys trebuchet and pumpkin chuckin at our Church's Pumpkin Fest a few weeks ago.  If you want to see the trebuchet they created - head over to posts around the end of October.

Anyway - the tag ingredient list:
Buttons - a few from my vintage stash
Flowers - some prima's worked well here
Rhinestones - ah - grab some leftover self adhesive bling from a project a while ago
Stamping - the stars in the background and the pumpkin stamps are from an October Afternoon Halloween collection a few years ago
Spray Mists - Believe it or not, this was a neon tag that has been stamped with brown Inkado ink and then I used gold glimmer mist to give it a bit of sparkle
Pumpkins - stamped and cut outs - after all, that was the theme of the day :D

I also used some die cut chipboard from my stash to create the star/gold circle on the top.  Just a piece of scrap ribbon and smooch ink to enhance those.  The smooch gives even a bit more sparkle without overpowering this tag for a page all about destruction.  The star paper is from my stash - no idea what it is from.  The metal piece in the corner is from my stash as well.  I adhered it with Crystal Accents, but it has been here quite some time.  The lettering is from a Target $1 spot set of stamps I have had for years.  They fit perfect in a .38 bullet case and it keeps them easy to find and use.

Oh, some of the inspiration came from The Flamingo Chronicals Blog. The paper with inky layers was key to my jumping off to create this tag.  She currently has a super blog candy giveaway going on this week too.  Check it out!

So, my tag:



I finally found the Tim Holtz ornament Sizzix die at a price I was willing to pay!  Now I could incorporate it with the wish sentiment I found on clearance.  I have used the wish before, but boy does it work better with the die!  Anyway, this is a card I created for Cheryl's Holiday Card Challenge over at Sketches 4 All.  I struggle to complete cards, but this one is so simple that it came together very quickly.  All papers, lace and pearls are from my stash - actually all were scraps.  I added some inking to the red and kept this card very simple and straight forward.
Next is a fun frame I found while cleaning my scrap area.  I turned in into this wonderful little Garden frame that I will use for either a mini album about some massive changes we made to garden setup this year or I will insert a photo.  Not quite sure which way it will go, but I know what photos it will be used with in the very near future.  It is also my entry into Stacy H-W's Stash Challenge over at Sketches 4 All.

Well, I have had some fun creating, now I need to get my errands completed and laundry started.  Hope you all have a wonderful day!  Remember, if you like scrapbooking swaps, stop over to Scrapbookingfun.biz and check out the wonderful swaps available.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Lucinda what wonderful projects!! I LOVE them all! I'm glad you got to enjoy your "day off" and get so creative!!

    Thanks for joining my challenge at S4All!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute projects--love your tag!! Thanks for joining in on our Fall blog hop at Frosted Designs!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you found out blog hop and had time to play along:) I'm impressed that you were able to take so many of our ingredients and incorporate them into your tag. I'm sure it will be a great compliment to the layout to mentioned you will add it to. It's nice to have a day off to "play" with your crafty items, right?

    Thanks so much for joining us over at the Frosted Designs blog. You did a great job on our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your tag! So many great layers and the inky background is yummy! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs - and awesome job getting so many of the elements on one project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice tag. love the background colors. thks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete