Saturday, November 10, 2012

Finally some time to scrap!

So first off, a layout for the Cricut FANatics October Sketch challenge.  Nothing like waiting until the very last minute, but I have had my eye on doing something like this for these particular photos.  I don't know if you have ever read Gulliver's Travels, but working in my pumpkin patch this summer, thoughts from that story came back to me and the plants kind of reminded me of Lilliput.  I had always spelled the name wrong for reports, so couldn't resist doing it here as well.

 

If you have ever seen cuts from the Cricut Collage Cartridge, you will notice right off where my idea for my journal box came from.  I have used the same process before to create hockey papers and other custom word pages.  I used Alphalicious, Opposites Attract, Gypsy Font and Freshly picked for this particular word box.  The patterned papers and element are Cosmo Cricket Early Bird and the Letter stickers are from some Creative Memories I still have on hand.  The brown paper is Core'dinations and the yellow is doublemates.  

Off to do some more creating.  I had fun exploring the Let's get Sketchy Blog Hop today and can't wait to try out those color combinations.  Some of them are in the layout above!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job! I especially like the Word Collage for the Journaling, great idea!
    Thanks for joining in on the Sketch Challenge at Cricut Fanatics

    ReplyDelete