Saturday, December 1, 2012

Hard Core Holiday Crop - Long post

I have had a blast creating.  Just wishing I had seen this a bit sooner as Core'dinations cardstocks are my favorites!  Anyone who has followed this blog probably remembers snow snake layouts and many others.  This cardstock is so much fun to use - if you have time, check out the crop!  You can see the master list HERE

I am going to have links included, hopefully correctly so you can find the contest information.  Deadline to post is December 2, 2012.

I started off with a bling box.  Much as I love core'dinations, using bling and folding is always tough for me.  I like this simple little box and it will be perfect for a particular gift I have in mind.  It is not very fancy as I know many people will toss the box/bag/tag after Christmas, so most of these entries are pretty simple.  I get much more detailed with those I think may be saved.  This little box is my entry for the Craft Time and Cupcakes blog requirements.  The gemstone bling by Core'dinations is always a favorite for my projects.  It adds just the right amount of bling and best - it can run through my cricut or sizzix!  I also included a little button that adds just enough to my project.  I forgot about the tissue paper - it is just kraft colored.  You can find the link HERE

Next is a gift tag entry.  This particular project also has to ship, so keeping things pretty flat is a must.  I used core'dinations cardstock, punched some small hearts, did some sanding, added a stamp, did some ripping and viola!  A perfect tag for a particular teenage girl.  This is being submitted over at the Trine Brandt Lasson blog HERE.  This is my gift package accent for a pink and black item (in case she peeks) going to a terrific young lady living in another state.

Next I found a fun leaf challenge - The leaf was much easier to create than I suspected and Core'dinations cardstock works great to add some veining with sanding.  This gift bag uses core'dinations cardstock, a I am roses flower, and a jar label I made several years ago for sending out my Memories in a Jar gifts.  It is time for these again, so I am making some more bags!  This will be submitted at the Paintbrush goes Spottie blog located HERE

Another simple gift bag for the Living out Loud blog located HERE.  After seeing her wonderful creation, I believe I need some holiday embossing plates.  However, I still like the effects from ripping and tearing.  The to/from goes on the dark green tag with a wonderful silver Sharpie we have.

Next is a layout creating using one of my favorite techniques with core'dinations cardstock.  This is being entered on the Scrap Notions blog located HERE.  We were to use mainly coredinations paper (all the papers I used are core'dinations) and follow a sketch.  Totally loved creating this layout.  The sketch was perfect for three pictures I had with a beautiful smile.

To create the word smile, I placed chipboard letters underneath the core'dinations cardstock background and just sanded gently over the top.
 In the close-up below, you can see I didn't do quite perfect, but that is one of the things I love about this paper - when distressed, the unique characteristics yield beautiful results!

My last entry for now is for the 3D foam and a Sanding Block Blog located HERE    Create a coordinating gift tag/bag set.  Again I used the ripping technique for trees.  Add a Martha Stewart punch for the top of the bag and a stamp to the back of the inked tag (made from yet another of those neon tags I received), and I love the simple creations.
While all my entries are not complete, these few were ready, so time to post in case I can't finish all the challenges today.

Well, my 'free time' for the weekend is shot, but I definitely have some wonderful helps for wrapping and sending gifts this Christmas season!

Starting with some really fun and quick to create magnets, I created these.  I am not happy with the way the floral one turned out - definitely not what I saw, but love the candy one.  I used the Basic Grey candy embossing folder behind it and did a bit of sanding.  I will be creating more of these!  This is for entry over on the Memory Villa Blog HERE.  The bling paper and the blues are core'dinations.
Quick, 10 minute cards?  You bet.  Here is a quick one using the Tim Holtz clock embossing folder, some staples and wonderful Core'dinations cardstock. This is for the Tammy Mae Berry Challenge located HERE.  I didn't realize until the photo - the back doesn't match the front.  Guess I will be changing!


Over at the Scrap Notions Blog, her second challenge was to alter a book or notebook - re-purpose actually.  I had this pink covered little notebook that is now ready for a young man.  Blog is HERE
 Another fun one, creating layered tags can be found at the My Cluttered Corner blog HERE.  these are some of my favorites to create so I didn't stop at two!  I don't know if you can see the dimension very well in the photo, but the tags are nearly 3/8 inch thick!  These will be wonderful on packages.
 Next, some simple embossed tags.  This isn't a Christmas plate, but one from the Nifty Fifties set.  Then add the blot from a creative memories punch and the Green Core'dinations cardstock and these are perfect additions.  These are for the 2nd 3D Foam and Sanding blog HERE
 Finally, another simple card.  The blue is core'dinations cardstock, the white is a scrap.  I used a new embossing folder and some blingy ribbon.  I love the simplicity of this card.  This will be entered over at the Live, Life, Loud blog HERE
That is it for scrappy time now.  Off to check on hay deliveries and such.  Have a great one!

5 comments:

  1. Love all your projects. Thanks for playing along the gift wrapping Challenge. The tag is so pretty. Love the teared whitewash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have been busy.....such lovely creations all of them!! Thank you so much for joining in on the fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with all the challenges - great creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your magnets!! So glad you played along with my challenge and I think all your projects look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there.... wow you have been one very busy core cropper.... adore all your projects and thanks so much for playing along on my leaf challenge too!

    ReplyDelete