Tuesday, October 9, 2012

What a Fun trip!

Back from a wonderful Scrapbookingfun.biz retreat in beautiful Lancaster, PA!  We enjoyed our time together and my particular trip was wonderful.

 While driving through Illinois, we made our first overnight stop.

Started out at a Hampton in Elgin, IL.  Wonderful service and friendly staff! and below is the lovely view out the breakfast area and across to the pool


Drove by a really cute Pumpkin Festival in Chicago

Photos are a bit out of order now, this was while driving through Gettysburg.

Across the river and into another state.

Of course, if you go to Hershey, you  have to stop by the Chocolate Lab.





And if visiting the area, no way would I skip visiting Wilbur Chocolate as well!

The camera card has headed out to SC, so I can't post the pics from the Snyder Pretzel Factory or the Utz Chips Factory right now, but both were a blast!

Heading into some mountain tunnels.


While driving the backroads of Ohio, we needed to slow down a bit.  (yes, we are out of order, but while in Ohio, I was able to spend a day with a BFF I haven't seen in almost 20 years!  What a wonderful day)

 And we arrived!  Lots of fun to be had by all.


Even time for a scrappy Bridal Shower!



Then it was time to head home.  After picking up the worst cup of coffee ever (at a truck stop I frequent when traveling), I had to pull over a few exits up.  The wonderful person at McDonalds threw it out for me and handed me my favorite cup!  
Some beautiful trees on my way home as well.  So happy that I was able to enjoy such a beautiful drive as Peak was past at my house by my arrival home.

Almost two weeks of travel later - I am happy to enjoy my own bed and see how my puppy has grown!  Mine is the back one - he is 1/3 again as large as one one in the front and seldom runs - kind of lopes.  He weighs about 40 pounds right now at 14 weeks old.






No comments:

Post a Comment