Tuesday, June 3, 2014

PAD time and a watercolor technique


after all the rain - it was nice to have the wind blowing, though it kind of covered the car in  little helicopters :)

Below - playing with phone camera feature of taking picture when subject smiles and not before.  Works well!

Thanks to KMG over at Scraprageous Messageboards for posting this fun technique using ink, tape and a wipe - wondeful watercolors.  Now to experiment with the colors I want to use (maybe a shopping trip to get a few more ink pads LOL).  For me, type of ink pad mattered.  The Quick Quotes Powder Puff inks and Tim Holtz Distress inks worked best.

This is the one with the Distress inks - water works well, but not quite the water color effect I hoped for.

Next - my brayer - didn't work so well, so tried masking tape (painters tape recommended, but I was out)
 tried masking tape - method works.  Only in first one, I rubbed too hard with the wipe
 though the colors aren't as vibrant - love how the quick quotes powder puff inks worked!
Here is what I created with the piece - to use in my baby foto folio (previous post shows some pics)


No comments:

Post a Comment